Why Study Music?
Students enroll in music lessons for a variety of reasons. Whatever those reasons may be, the skills acquired through learning to play an instrument transfer directly to other areas of life. Proven benefits of studying music are:
1. Joy of listening to and performing music
4. Ability to collaborate with others
7. Self-confidence through achievement
8. Self-regulated learning
9. Experiential knowledge
10. Motivation through goal setting
11. Develop a sense of identity
12. Striving for excellence
For more on the benefits of studying music visit https://www.rcmusic.com/learning/about-the-royal-conservatory-certificate-program/why-study-music
Watch this video for the science behind the benefits of studying music.